So what's this all about?

I turn forty at the end of the year. Before I get there I want to have another amateur MMA fight. This blog is a record of how, and if, I manage to achieve this.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Update


It's been a while since the last update....


Things are going well in terms of training, strength is increasing (weight lifted is going up) and condition seems to be getting better. How do I know? Training in terms of conditioning is getting easier whether it's sled dragging, Bas Rutten workouts, complexes or circuits. I've upped the work in terms of the Bas Rutten workouts doing thai boxing 3 min rounds instead of 2 mins, and doing the all round fighting 2 minute rounds. Throwing sprawls & sit-throughs in to the mix on top of the knees, kicks and punches really tests the heart and lungs.

Some notable numbers from the lifts:

Deadlift, 10 x 131kg

Bench, 11 x 77kg

Trapbar, 5 x 171kg


Nothing huge but it's all still heading in the right direction and feeling remarkably comfortable.


The next post will be about something essential to the older athlete – recovery. Also, I'm working on a compilation video.....

No comments:

Post a Comment