So what's this all about?

I turn forty at the end of the year. Before I get there I want to have another amateur MMA fight. This blog is a record of how, and if, I manage to achieve this.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Catching up...


Time for a quick round up to get the blog back on track...

Up to June I had been pleased with my progress. I'd maintained a consistent pattern of training at Leicester Shoot and felt that I was improving. The conditioning still had a long way to go but even that was getting better. The came June, and with it massive work stress requiring extra attention, family members in hospital, an injured shin, a skin infection in the other shin and now finally a nasty gash in the previously injured shin! (Walked in to a broken sheet of glass). All-in-all this has led to me missing 3 – 4 weeks of training and feeling not a little pissed off.

Still, it's a case of train what you can, when you can. I can't deadlift but I can press, clean & use the trapbar. I can't grapple or kick with my left leg but I can box and kick with the right. When I've been pressed for time I haven't stressed about what I'm not doing, just found ways to get some work in – 15 mins of barbell complexes for example.

My last session at Leicester Shoot was an MMA sparring class. It's difficult for me to get to these as I need to look after my youngest on this evening so this was the first I'd been to in a while. Anyway, it was a testing session, building up from drills to limited sparring and then in to less limited for 3 minute rounds. By the time we'd finished I needed to sit for 15 minutes before leaving the gym, and I still looked like this....


 Boxing tonight, on we go....

PS I know I keep saying it but I really am going to try to update more often and add content.





No comments:

Post a Comment