So what's this all about?

I turn forty at the end of the year. Before I get there I want to have another amateur MMA fight. This blog is a record of how, and if, I manage to achieve this.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

slideyfoot.com - Leverage Submission Grappling review







 Just wanted to post up a link to this review which is an incredibly detailed and comprehensive review of a recent Leverage Grappling Fundamentals seminar delivered by Nathan Leverton at Leicester Shootfighters.

To give you an idea of just how comprehensive this review is, it consists of over 3,500 words!  The level of detail is such that it seems it would make a pretty good notebook-instructional to accompany the seminar.  There's a lot of good stuff in here, the level of detail that Nathan is known for is presented well in a clearly written, engaging style.  I have to admit that the author (Can Sönmez?  Apologies if I've got that wrong) got me at at the fourth paragraph:


The reason it intrigued me back in January was mainly down to Leverton's reputation. I expected that if he was creating a system, it would be technical, cerebral and for want of a better word, 'grown-up'. That's as opposed to something like 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu: though much of Eddie Bravo's nogi system is viable if you are an experienced grappler with the requisite flexibility, I'm put off by the marketing approach and constant drug advocacy. Leverage Submission Grappling also has the advantage that it was advertised as fundamentals, which always perks my interest. 

I feel pretty similar about 10th Planet and the Leicester Shootfighters/MMA Academy environment - which is at very least in part due to Nathan's attitude/style - is 'grown up' without losing the fun element that should be what training, at least for hobbyists, is all about.

As it goes, and entirely coincidentally, I'll be attending the next seminar on side control and I'll try to post up a review here.....don't expect anything like Slideyfoot's though, I dont have the time or the talent!





slideyfoot.com | bjj resources: 30/09/2012 - Leverage Submission Grappling Fundamentals 04 (Closed Guard)

No comments:

Post a Comment